Welcome to our Pet Food Bank
We are seeing a large increase in animals being taken to rescue centres recently and we want to do as much as we can to help our local community and to keep animals in loving homes rather than being surrendered to shelters.
No pet should go hungry and no one should have to choose between feeding themselves or feeding their pets. Hard times can happen to anyone and, with pets in the family, there are more bowls to fill when money is tight.
We are launching a Pet Food Bank to help our local community to feed their dogs and cats. We know how tough it is right now so we have joined forces with some of our suppliers to offer a pet food bank service. Our aim is to keep as many pets in their homes as we can and to support our local community. If you are struggling to feed your animals at present, our team of foodbank volunteers will be able to help.
Follow the link below and answer the questions so we can assist you.
We welcome donations of food for our pet food banks. Please label any donations for the foodbank clearly so they are distributed accordingly.
Terms & Conditions:
• Only one form per household at one time can be submitted.
• The Foodbank is run on the same site as St Giles Animal Rescue charity but it is not associated with the Rescue itself.
• The Foodbank is stock dependent; we cannot promise we will always have enough stock to provide to users.
• You must be able to collect from St Giles Animal Centre: Newport Road, Wrantage, Taunton TA3 6DJ.
• Local delivery may be possible on request.
• You will be given 10 / 14 days (about 2 weeks) worth of food at any one time.
• Proof of low income (£19,000 & below per annum) and / or benefits must be provided on collection.
• Collection dates will be on a Wednesday afternoons. You will be given a date and time for collection.
• Collection is appointment only.
• Each foodbank parcel will have a use by date printed on the front of each bag.
Please note – This campaign is not in relation to any animal food donations given to the Rescue. If you would like your donation to go towards the foodbank, please highlight this to our team.